Saturday, July 15, 2006

Summing up my Vacation.

This one was a bit different than the one I took at the end of March. The purpose of this vacation was to rest, and relax. To get away from Wal-mart and all the things that are slowly killing me. To do things for me. All was definitely accomplished. Here is a quick rundown:

Saturday: Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. It took 6 hours for me to get here. When booking my flight with Southwest, I didn't realize that I would need a change of clothes to get from Lubbock to Las Vegas. What I hadn't realized was that the flight Flew from Lubbock to El Paso, then to Phoenix. In Phoenix I changed planes, and flew from there to Vegas. UGH So by the time I got to the hotel I was wiped out and starving. Thank God for room service.


Green Chili Bacon Cheeseburger with Frys and a really good Side Salad. Major yum.

So after that it was a lil wandering around, a beer and cigar (blogged earlier in that rambling post), then bed.

Sunday: The hotel I was staying at, Ballys, does a fancy Sunday Brunch called the Sterling Brunch hosted at their swank steak house. I had read about it on the internet, and had to go. It was expensive, but wow. I ate and ate and ate and drank free champagne, and ate, and drank mimosas, and finally, ate some more. Almost anything you could want and more was available. It was incredible. And some of the best coffee I have ever had. (BTW, the following pics are just for you Cindy...Enjoy!!!)


First course: Omelet w/Lobster and Brie Cheese, Crab Salad, Boiled Shrimp, Bacon and Sausage

Second Course: Buttery Croisant, Crepes with Banana's Foster, Mini Pecan Waffles with Butter and Syrup, New York Strip Steak, and a "Country Eggs Benedict"-Sausage Biscuit with Gravy with a Poached egg on top.

Dessert Course: toasted Bagel with Cream Cheese and Lockes, Assorted Cheeses, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with a Chocolate Covered Strawberry.

Add to that about a gallon of coffee and 3 Mimosas....total Gluttony.

Sunday was also show day. In a fit of brilliance I bought my show tickets for both of the shows I was seeing for the same night. The only thing saving me was that they were hours apart. The first was Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. I love this play, and saw it like a million years ago in New York with the original cast of Sarah Brightmen (then Mrs. Andrew LLoydd Weber), and Michael Crawford. The first CD I ever bought was the soundtrack to Phantom, So I was totally pumped to see this and was not disappointed. The theater was built for this production, and the interiors looks like an old Parisian Opera house. This production also is about a half hour shorter, which I think helps tremendously. The truly sad thing is that as soon as they started singing the first song, I knew all the words and could sing along with all of it. Ya ya, I am a theatre geek.



The next show of the night was the new Cirque du Soleil show Love at the Mirage. Its a show all based on the songs of the Beatles, with the total blessing of the remaining boys. The best way to describe it was moments of absolute grace and beauty surrounded by prodigious amounts of pretentious bullshit. But, then again, that's a good way to describe the Beatles. Basically its interpretation the songs through dance, high flying acrobats, and dudes on roller blades. Sometimes it totally works, like with "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" where light strips had been slowly lowered down above the audience, and the lit up to look like we were in the middle of stars. Sometimes, it was a real "What the hell?!?!?" as with the inclusion of "Octopus's Garden" by Ringo star. Dancing Sea Cucumbers. That's all I will say about that. Overall I totally enjoyed it. Especially the usher dressed like this:

All the girls were dressed like bobbies in these very cute outfits. What I didn't get was the knee socks and patent leather shoes. Yum.

Monday: Got up and took the Monorail up to the Hilton were I ate lunch at Quark's, the Star Trek Themed Hotel at the Hilton.


Me and my new business partner.

Then I went down to the Sahara, where GM has set up a thing called "The Drive". Here, for 10 bucks, you get to drive their kewlest cars around either a high performance track, or, for Hummers, a specially designed off road track. I did both. Sheesh, it was freaken awesome!!!! I neeed an H2. Its truly more of a real SUV than you would think. It can climb a foot curb, take 45 degree turns, and climb 60 degree incline hills without even trying. A rep drives with you the entire time, and the guy who was with me in the H2 used to be in the military. He said at first he was very suspicious of the H2 cause it seemed only soccer moms had them. Then he drove one and was blown away on how truly awesome it was. Not a Poser SUV at all.



Then it was off to see Superman Returns in Imax 3d. Remember my earlier post about Supes? Take that and multiply it by 20. HOLY FRELL. Lets just start off at with the fact that its projected on a screen 70 Ft high. Add to that 3d. Now not all of it was in 3d, thank Xenu or I would be dead from a headache, but key scenes were, like the Shuttle Rescue. WOW. If you can, go see it like this.

Tuesday: Lunch at my favorite Buffet (Balleys), some souvenir shopping, then off to see "The Price is Right". Its a live stage show version of the TV show that was suprisingly fun. I didn't win nothen, darn it, but one of the models was smoken ass hot. Meg was her name, brunette, 5'6", 34c, and very nice in a bikini. Tried to get a picture of her, but the lighting in the theater did not allow. Sigh.....

Then I hung around and waited until the sun went down cause it was only 156 degrees outside. After dark, I took the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris. I had been there before during the day, but never at night. Totally different view of Vegas, and even prettier I think. Watched the Bellagio fountains from above, and realized that its the only way to watch them. From the street, you miss much of whats going on.

Then I came home. UGH.





1 comment:

Julian Franklin said...

I thought I was the only one who took pictures of my food! I love capturing a great meal on film. Wierd? Maybe. But particularly if you prepare it yourself, it is great to be able to remember how beautiful it looked before you devour it.

--Julian Franklin
www.JulianFranklin.com