Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The only way to Sightsee.

So I decided to do a bit more sightseeing today. I decided to go the opposite way, that is north up the strip. I started at Ballys, where they have this kewl sliding walkway that takes you to the strip. Next to it is this very beautiful topariary.


So, up the street I go. Last time I was there, this walk was pure torture. 110 degrees is no fun. This time, it was like 68 with a nice breeze. So it was actually fun. Lots of freaken people however. How can you not see me!??! I am the size of a car. Yet people walk into..Or just stop. WTF. Sheesh.

So when I got to the Venetian, I popped in to look around. Look at this beautiful bar:


I think the Venetian is one of the most classy, wonderful place on the strip. Then we get to the Anti-Venetian: The Wynn. Dude...This place is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.




It looks like an office building on the outside, with this ginourmous forest bordering it. The waterfall wasn't working, but I don't think this will actually help. Then these huge stone lions outside the front entrance....Like he hired 8 different designers, and only took their tackiest ideas. The inside however....Whoa. More on that later.

Now like an Idiot I kept walking...and walking...and walking.....until I realized that I was an idiot. So I crossed the street and waited for the bus. Vegas has the really kewl double decker busses that go up and down the strip. Its 2 dollars a ride or 5 bucks for 24 hours. What a bargain. So I rode back the way I came in air conditioned comfort.

I wish the sign had come out better. It says that Gilly's offers... Bikini Bull Riding. Dude. I would watch that show. Oh, and mud wrestling. How 1980's can ya get?

Across from the Wynn is the Fashion Mall. Freaken ginourmous, with a wicked kewl Apple store in it. And some other stuff, but like I care. APPLE STORE. I played with this 32" monitor with a G5 connected to a cable modem....ssssswwweeeeettttt.


Loook!!! A church!!! Dude...I wonder how the slots are there.


Went past Treasure Island, where they have nightly Pirate Battles. I watched a bit of it on the way back from seeing Avenue Q. Very kewl, I just wished I could have gotten closer to it, but it was very kewl. Not as big an area as you would think. And a kewl Skull Rock. Wow!



At the Mirage, they have giant Idols to Sigmund and Roy, the 2 that made that hotel a success. Tragically, as most everyone knows, one of them (I have no idea which) was almost eaten by one of their famous white tigers. All that's left is their Dolphin Garden and these giant bronze statues that are worshipped by Japanese visitors.


So I finally got back to my hotel. It took the same amount of time for me to ride back to the hotel as it took me to walk it. I, again, am an idiot.

Alrighty, that's enough for now....Next...Hot Muppett SEX






No comments: