Sunday, March 26, 2006

Well I got here...

And, actually, had a great Southwest flight getting here. I know I know...Your thinken that I must be on crack. How can Cattlecar of the Sky's actually produce an excellent flight? By only being half full. Don't ask me how it happened, but it sure did. Since 9/11, I haven't been on a flight that was so full they were duct taping people to the roof to get them in. This flight? I had the entire last 4 rows to myself. I won't bore you with why I sit in the back, just call it paranoia and move on.

This trip actually started yesterday. I traveled to Lubbock, about 100 miles away, and spent the night to catch my flight. Living in the boonies definitely has its drawbacks, and that is one of them. We have to go 2 hours to the nearest airport, and then most of the time its not a direct flight. You instead have to fly to Dallas or Houston to connect to another plane. Major hassle. The only direct flights are on Southwest, which I usually avoid like I avoid Broccoli. This time, however, the flight was just to damn cheap not to take advantage of.

A funny coincidence is that another rep for my company that usually would be covering for me on this trip is on vacation herself. To Vegas. And left on the same flight I did. It was too funny. Now she got a package deal and is staying at the Mandalay. I'm at Ballys, which is fine by me. She's on her 25th Wedding anniversary trip with her hubby, the first they have taken in years.


Here's Diane and her Policeman Hubbie.

My room is very nice. Not the Pimp Room I had last year, but a very nice room. Large, with a couch, a killer desk and Chair that I want to figure out how to get in my luggage.


The only bump so far has been the taxi ride, cause I was an idiot and allowed the driver to take the tunnel. Look, if you come out here and take a taxi, and the dude says he will take you "the fastest way", Say "Sure, as long as it ain't the Tunnel". The Airport tunnel leads to the interstate, which is faster, BUT TWICE AS LONG which means it costs twice as much. DOH!! I new this!! Man...what a tourist...but, its Vegas...

Right now, I am starving. So I think a trip to the Bally's buffet is in order. Great buffet, for a good price, with a wonderful view of the strip. Then some sightseeing. Tonight I am off to the Rio to see my hero's Penn and Teller. I saw them when my buddies and I went out here a couple of years a go, and was blown away. I am a huge fan of theirs, especially their Showtime show Bullshit, where they go after all the pretensios bastards in the world, like Conspiracy Theorists or Life Coaches, or, my fave, Bottle water drinkers. Dude...its water...

More later.

No comments: